A “new kind of news service”, we are doing a few things that, when put together, are unique on the internet.
- We practice solutions journalism – evidence-based reporting on solutions to problems.
- We have one unique goal, to bring digital visibility to the stories of inspiring people.
- We do not receive any money or services from the people whose stories we tell, we are not influencers, we simply love telling stories about people solving real world problems in courageous, creative and inspirational ways.
- A 100% reader supported news organisation with no advertising revenue. We are not “paid-per-click” (isn’t this the way that all news services should work ?)
- This is an “experiment in abundance” and we have no paywall. We want anyone, on any budget to be able to read these stories and receive our newsletter free of charge. Our pay-what-feels-right page lets you support us if you are able to make a contribution – these contributions are what helps us to keep going.
- All our stories flow from a community of contributors eager to share stories about people doing inspiring things .
- We are not a curation service all our stories are independently verified.
People featured in The Inspirer can host a takeover of our Instagram feed to offer a deep dive into their world. Because we think that these stories must be shared.
We live in extraordinary times with millions of initiatives sprouting individually to solve the problems we face but very few news services report on these stories. We think that it is urgent to correct this.
Research shows that we can actually learn from each other and be inspired to take action by reading solutions journalism articles.
We hope that you find these stories as inspiring as we do.
“Most of my life, I’ve always worked to help people on an individual level. Today, I believe we need to act as a collective, because together we can reach a global impact.”
“The world is a pretty big place and oftentimes we can feel powerless about the impact that we can have as individuals. But I believe that if we are aware of solutions, it can inspire us to take action.”